Saturday, February 11, 2012

Is it too late in the season to start a container garden?

I would like to start a container garden. I am thinking about mint, cilantro, maybe lavender and a few veggies: tomatoes and peppers. Is it too late in the season to start?

Is it too late in the season to start a container garden?
You can still start a garden, but you may not get a significant amount of whatever your growing. Depending on where you live and when the cooler temps start, you may get more or less growth. You can plant herbs in your home and they will grow fine. Tomatos and peppers on the other hand get much bigger plants and you may not be able to move them in the house later. I wouldn't start any seeds. They take weeks to germinate and by the time they were big enough to produce anything it would be too cold.
Reply:Tomatoes wont do well inside but peppers will come back next year if kept in a sunny window. They are actually perennials in warmer climates. I took one of my container peppers in last year and put it outside in June and I've gotten 3 peppers from it.



You can grow many herbs inside year round.


No comments:

Post a Comment