Friday, January 27, 2012

Desidning a toddler's room around Behr's Pale Orchid (a deep lavender)...any tips?

Have you used this color before, or something similar?



I have painted the bottom portion of her room with this pale orchis and plan to paint the top a cream color...with a wall border seperating them in the middle.



What are some creative ideas...I'm stumpped!



(It's not a very large room)

Desidning a toddler's room around Behr's Pale Orchid (a deep lavender)...any tips?
Are you wanting something really frilly, old-fashioned lacy or something bright and eye catching? I think some lime greens can go well with orchids. Have you picked out the border yet? Or the theme of the room? One thing that might work is to pick a favorite child's story and design the room around that. My great nephew had a "One Fish, Two Fish" room as a baby. You can decorate with brightly painted frames, pages from the book you choose (I don't know about copyright laws - I scanned the pages to get the right size for the frames but I had purchased the book and gave that to my nephew as well, so I hope that was ok.) with words painted on the wall - quotes from the story or other things you'd like to say - with similar themed pictures and knickknacks on shelves high enough for a toddler not to reach. I know if you could just find the right theme those creative juices would start to flow.
Reply:Add some splashes of bright yellow to brighten it up. Lavender is a cool color and it can be depressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment