Friday, January 27, 2012

Does anyone know how I can make my own lavender perfume? I hear it can be done using alcohol and the flowers.?

4) Flower aroma perfumes

You will need:



* 2 cup of water

* 1 cup fresh chopped flower blossoms



Directions:

Place a cheesecloth in a bowl, where the edges are hanging over. Fill with 1 cup of flower blossoms of your choice. Pour water over the flowers until they are completely covered. Cover and let sit overnight. By using the edges of cheesecloth pull it out of the bowl and gently squeeze the scented water into a small pot. Cool and place it in a small bottle. You can use these perfumes only for a month.

Does anyone know how I can make my own lavender perfume? I hear it can be done using alcohol and the flowers.?
Having lived in WA state for awhile, With access to Sequim, and having been involved with lavendar as a notion for farming, and NOT being a woman, nor needing the scent for my own personal use,,,I do know of it's multitude of properties and uses. Food products being one of the lesser recognized.



I want to ask however, why consider it as a perfume?



I'd suggest, though it seems a bit intensive to attempt making your own,,,Essential Oils, already infused with Lavendar.



Not at all knowing where you are,,,or your access to the flower, I wonder what your notion is.



Alchohol, not only evaporates rapidly, but doesn't diffuse or retain the SCENT as well as oils do.



Also without knowing if you have a lavendar farming situation going on; To create enough lavendar oils from the blossoms; to make it worth your effort and expense; could take ACRES of plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment