Thursday, January 26, 2012

Advice on growing lavender from seed?

I am having no luck starting lavender from seed. I want about 20 plants so I want start form seed. Any advice?????

Advice on growing lavender from seed?
Warm temperature and soil with abit of sand. Never overwatering. Test soil for moist before water the seeds. I made the mistake the first time ended up no seedlings at all. Second attempt, I did as mentioned aforesaid. They sprouted and now waiting to flower.
Reply:I got a pack of 100 lavender seeds. I started them about two months ago, but I think it was too cold. (I have a small greenhouse on the porch.) I have about 12 that have sprouted, but now I'm waiting for them to bet big enough to do something with. I worry that they won't make it. If I did it again, I would start them when it was warmer, or start them indoors. I think the cold was a factor. I used seed starting mix I got at walmart.


No comments:

Post a Comment