Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tips for growing lavender indoors?

any tips at all. and i dont have a big amount of space to work with, or much money but i would love to try to grow some anyways

Tips for growing lavender indoors?
I am growing lavender right now in a 6 inch pot and its sitting on my bookshelf by the window.





Lavender starts off slow but once it takes off its nice. I recommend using the smaller trough styled pots that way you can grow it the length of your window, it could be easier depending on where you like to put it.





you could just as easily plant it in a hanging basket 6 8 or 10 inches. The round plastic ones that you get at walmart work really nicely. Theres also the ones with that are shorter and look wider with the "fabric" bottom, I love those.



If you use the hanging pot get some of the plant hanging hooks that you screw into the wall ( you can find them in the lawn and garden section of walmart)



Lavender likes a cooler area, I have found room temp 72 give or take seems to work really well, keep the soil moist at first but dont drown it.



I hope that helps.
Reply:let me know if you need any more plant help!!!! Report It


No comments:

Post a Comment