Sunday, January 22, 2012

Do you think cooking with lavender will be the next culinary trend?

First of all lets address what the guy said about not all lavender being edible. If someone is cooking with lavender they will know what kind of lavender to use. Also they have to go to the spice store to buy it, I seriously doubt they will sell poisonous herbs.



To answer the question, I really hope so! I love to cook with lavender. I make a wonderful chicken and rice with lavender sauce. It's amazing! I would love to see lavender anything on a restaurant menu! There are a few fish recipes out there already, but usually lavender is confined to desserts. It is so much more versatile than that! I use it in my tea blends as well as cooking...great question!

Do you think cooking with lavender will be the next culinary trend?
I hope that people are careful with lavender as not all types are edible. It would seem English Lavender is the way to go if you are cooking.
Reply:I sure hope so. I live on Lavender Lane, I grow Lavender in my side yard. It's wonderful to smell %26amp; feel relaxed. I'll bet it would add a nice flavor to a meal. I'm just waiting for a receipt.


No comments:

Post a Comment